Monday, March 10, 2008

Love Affair Workshop

I got the opportunity to go to a photography workshop for women a couple weeks ago. It was awesome! We got to stay in beach houses on an island near Wilmington, NC called Bald Head Island. You have to take a ferry to the island, and everyone drives golf carts around the island. We stayed in these adorable beach houses and I had the cutest room all to myself. Every morning I woke up and looked out the window to see the ocean right there. It was beautiful! I met a lot of really great girls there and learned a lot too. My housemates were Kara, Amanda and Esther (who came all the way from the UK!). The last night, the girls gave us a surprise "Spa Night" complete with a 15 minute massage, pedicure, manicure, parafin wax treatment, hors d'ouvres and wine (or sparkling cider for me!). It kind of rekindled my passion for photography in a way. Lately with the business growing a lot, I have felt like I have been taking the same pictures over and over again and not getting very creative with my shoots. I have a new love for awesome photography and really want to broaden my horizons in that area. I included some pictures that I took of the models while we were there. Oh, and a couple girls took some cool pictures of me while were there too.

5 comments:

Staci said...

linds-
looks like you had lots of fun. hope everything is going well. I really don't know if I would be brave enough to go to a workshop far away where I didn't know anyone. your my inspiration. one day i will pursue my love for photography!

The Hinckley's said...

Hey Linds,
Those pic's of you are awesome, maybe you should start modeling. Glad to hear it was inspiring...its always good to get a breath of fresh air and new ideas. Your mom said y'all had a blast and saw some cool places. Can't wait to see y'all in April! Christina

Sarah Palfreyman said...

You look beautiful in the pics. Congratulations on all your photo success. Also, I am so excited for you to get your album. You'll have to post some pictures when you get it.

Sarah said...

This is me being sooooo jealous.... I guess there are certain things that you give up to have a family....One day I suppose, my time will come.....

Emily said...

What a blast! Seems like you are living your dreams! It is very inspiring :)