Sunday, November 30, 2008

A 'Chris Daughtry' Thanksgiving

At long last, the silence is broken... I keep telling Lindsay that eventually I'm going to post on our family blog - since I've yet to contribute. Well, here it is! There was an event so big this Thanksgiving that I had to blog about it. We had an incredible visitor for Turkey Day this year...the one and only Chris Daughtry! For those of you who aren't devout AI followers like Lindsay and me, Chris Daughtry was on American Idol a few years ago and should have won but didn't. Still, he's had one of the most successful music careers of any AI contestant. As many of you know, I had a band for a while and was in the music scene. That's where Chris and I became good friends. Well, we got to have him over for Thanksgiving Dinner. My favorite part was when we jammed and he played MY Taylor. Pretty rockin'. Almost as incredible, we also had the opportunity of having the Yeager family over too (Lindsay's cousin Jenny, her husband Chris, and their 3 kids)! Linds and Jenny pulled off an amazing Thanksgiving dinner all on their own (though they vowed they'd never do it again)! Thanks again for stopping by Daughtry - always good to see you.

9 comments:

Jonathan and Lindsay Allmon said...

WHAT!!! I cant' believe it. At the first picture I thought wow that really does look like Daughtry. I did not think it really was. How cool.

Paula Hinckley said...

Daughtry is so cool!! I can't wait to meet him when I come!! You are going to introduce me to him aren't you??
Mom

Paula Hinckley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yeagers said...

We had so much fun hanging out with y'all and Daughtry! Gobble gobble.

Emily said...

That is AMAZiNG I LOVE LOVE LOVE Daughtry!!! I went to his concert and was in heaven. That is so cool that you know him!

Beth said...

I LOVE Daughtry, almost as if he were family. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I can't believe you are friends with him!! That is awesome! I went to his concert when he was here in Knoxville and him and his band are incredible!! I can't wait for their new album to come out! Lindsey you look great and I can't wait to see pics of your little boy!! Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Cassandra (Hurst) Shipman

Emily said...

PS Why did he not spend the holiday with his family, I thought he was married?

Katina Angola said...

I might have been out of the country when he was on American Idol and maybe that is why I didnt recognize him, I thought he was Todd's brother. You 2 look alot alike