Sunday, November 23, 2008

Todd @ 34 Weeks...

We went to an all day childbirth class on Saturday. We learned a lot and Todd did so good with the gruesome birthing video we had to watch. The nurse did a great demonstration of "daddy sympathy". She took a backpack and filled it with different baggies that represented how much everything weighs when you are about 34 weeks along. With everything in it, it was about 25 lbs. So the guys in the class took turns strapping it on their bellies to see how it feels to be us! I think he definitely gained some more understanding of what I am going through right now! Doesn't he look cute! Oh, and us girls strapped on fake breasts to practice nursing.

3 comments:

Paula Hinckley said...

I'm speechless, Todd!!
You'd make a cute "mama", but you make a cuter "daddy".
MOM

Crystal Copeland said...

Ahhhh....the birthing video. I have blocked all that gruesomeness out of my mind forever. I'm sorry it's just a little weird watching someone else do that....ya know? Looks like you guys had fun though!

Emily said...

That is a great class if you ask me! I am impressed :0)